685 S New Hampshire Ave, Koreatown, Los Angeles
The original plan for the K2LA development in Koreatown consisted of three independent, adjacent residential buildings, acquired at three different times, located two blocks from the Wilshire-Vermont Red Line station, with access to DTLA in just 12 minutes. We combined the three separate developments into one highly-efficient, branded project as we delivered the phases over a three-year period.
Each building has its own amenities, including fitness centers, swimming pools, coworking spaces and highly-programmed roof decks with views of downtown Los Angeles. Roof decks were not common in Koreatown before the development of K2LA, so we took the opportunity to initiate a code modification to allow for them, which other developments now imitate.
K2LA was also the first project to introduce studio apartment units in a highly-amenitized apartment building in Koreatown, which we implemented after conducting focus groups for the lease-up.
- 477 units
- Completed 2014/2016/2017
- Fifield Companies, Co-Developer
- Cypress Equity Partners, Co-Developer
- Cigna Insurance, Equity Partner
- Comerica Bank and BMO
- Harris, Construction Lenders
- DFH Architects, Architect
- Cobalt Construction, General Contractor
- Winner of LA Business Journal Best MF Project 2017 – Silver Award