1890 Maple Ave, Downtown Evanston, Near Chicago
E2 addressed demand for high-quality housing for Evanston residents and Northwestern University Kellogg MBA students and others in an area that was lacking in new development. After adjusting the zoning to allow for a feasible rental multi-family project, we worked with FitzGerald Associates Architects to deliver the top building in downtown Evanston.
Two buildings — a 16-story tower and a 14-story tower – are connected by a four-story structure with 14 townhouse units “laminated” on the Emerson Street side to maintain a residential feel and includes an amenity floor with high ceilings, full-size indoor basketball court, two gyms, a party room, and a stadium-style large-screen theater. Fifield revised the unit mix mid-construction to better serve potential residents, showcasing our nimble response to changing market demands by combining several pairs of one-bedroom units to make three-bedroom units which were in strong demand. Morgante Wilson Architects, known for high-end single-family and luxury condo interiors, designed of all the public spaces and apartment unit finishes at E2. The project experienced a fast and strong lease-up and has won numerous industry awards.
- 352 units
- 16 stories
- 7,737 Sq Feet of Retail and Office
- Completed 2015
- Fifield Companies, Co-Developer
- Carroll Properties, Co-Developer
- Northwestern Mutual, Equity Partner & Construction Lender
- FitzGerald Associates Architects, Architect
- McHugh Construction, General Contractor
- 2015 Winner of Significant Contribution Award in New Construction from Design Evanston
- 2016 Gold Key Award for Best Overall Community from Home Builders Association of Greater Chicago